Weighing in at over 5,000 lbs., the housing shown above (Part No. SDAF231/600-LS-D-BF) will be used as part of a pair (one fixed and one float) in a large Coal mining conveyor. Common industries using SAF blocks include aggregates, cement, coal mining, and metals mining (copper, gold, etc.).
PTI stocks the widest range of split cap pillow blocks in the industry. Our SAF and SDAF blocks are available in stock from 3/4″ up to 24″ or 400mm with larger sizes available on request. Multiple seal options are available to suit every application, and they’re available in both 2-bolt and 4-bolt housing styles.
Our SAF blocks are available in Cast Iron (SAF), Ductile Iron (SAFD), or Cast Steel (SAFS).
SAF Standard Features:
- Among the heaviest in the industry
- Designed using Finite Element Analysis (FEA) – pictured above
- Rugged Base means superior housing strength and allows for Oil Equalization Slots under the Bearing Seat
- Pry slots for easy cap removal
SAF Options & Accessories:
- Multiple seal options including Standard LER, PER, PTV-ring, LER-DC Dust Covers, TER and TER-OS
- Spanner Wrenches
- Hydraulic Adapters & Hydraulic Nuts to aid in assembly and removal
- Housings can be drilled and tapped for vibration monitoring
* * *
About PTI: Upon opening in 1994, PTI has specialized in serving the growing niche market of Metric products. As demand has increased over the years, so has our product offering. Today, our customers enjoy a huge offering of both metric and inch-based products for the Industrial Power Transmission Industry.